Monday, September 21, 2009

First Week of Class.


I was happy and surprised to find that the first week of class went very well. I was nervous to draw a model at first because I thought that it would feel a little weird. It ended up really being alright. I feel like I have already learned a lot about the human form and I am interested to see what other exercises we will do next.
This week, we started drawing with a few instructions and then by the end of the week we were doing contour drawings and learning a lot more about technique. I haven't really done many contour drawings so I think that it will be good practice for me.
It was also very nice to see more about how to form the human head. I know we will get more into that later but it was nice to get an idea of how to maybe get the basic form of a head down and have it look half-decent. Drawing heads is something that I have struggled with for as long as I can remember.
I was glad to learn more about the correct way to do contour drawings because at first I thought that we could simply outline our object as we were drawing it. As we practiced by choosing a limb to draw from the model, I quickly learned NOT to outline and to pay more attention to the dips and curves of the body as this will help my contour drawings.
Looking towards the week ahead, I am looking forward to drawing some longer poses, to capture more detail and maybe even getting our manikins!

No comments:

Post a Comment