Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Manikin and Shell






This past week, I learned a lot in life drawing class. We started doing more with contour and began practice on our shell. I am excited because we got to have individual critiques to figure out what to do better with our contour drawings in the future. Today, class was canceled but I think sometime this week Prof. Fichter is going to give us new, bigger shells to draw too! We also got our manikins last Thursday. I thought that it was going to be really hard to do, but it was actually kind of fun! I think that I will learn about a lot of muscles this semester and that is something that will definitely be very beneficial for me. I am hoping that the muscles don't get too complicated and the configurations stay pretty straight forward. I am hoping that this Thursday we get to talk a little bit about drawing another specific part of the body. When we break it down piece by piece (skull, spine, limbs..etc.) it really makes it a lot easier for me. One thing that I really would like to learn how to draw better are the hands and feet. I seem to be able to block out a lot of the body but when it comes to limbs and hands and feet it is a little bit rough for me. Anyways, I will be added some photos of my shell and my manikin tomorrow, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment