Thursday, September 10, 2009

A New Beginning..

"life isn't about finding yourself - it is about creating yourself." -unknown


After a somewhat lazy and relaxing summer, I am ready to begin. School has come upon us quickly, but seeing all of the students walking around and working so hard on their school work keeps me going everyday. I am anxiously anticipating what this semester has to offer. With the start of life drawing class today, I began thinking about what this class could possibly bring and how much I can learn from my experiences here at Stout. I know one day I will look back on this time and be happy that I was able to have the opportunities to learn about the human form and to broaden my horizons of drawing techniques. I have been known to be 'sketchy' or 'painterly' so I think that this class will be very challenging and hopefully rewarding for me. I am a little bit nervous about getting back on the drawing board (literally) after not drawing much since drawing 2..freshman year. I do, however, remember how much I learned during those semesters of drawing 1 and 2 and how happy I was with much of my work afterward. Overall, I am excited and open minded. I am ready to push myself out of the box that I have kept myself in, as far as drawing goes. I think that life drawing will really help me with my line confidence and my sketching greatly. Being an Industrial Designer, those aspects of my drawing for projects are both very important. I am really looking forward to this experience, as new and different as it may be.

1 comment:

  1. Ali,
    It sounds as if you have a solid grasp on why you're taking Life Drawing I and what you hope to learn.

    Your goals for the class sound right on. As an ID student, I think you'll be amazed at how Life Drawing will help your ideation and your ability to think quickly in 3D and to refine your line quality--to get it refined, less sketchy.

    I'm looking forward to working with you.

    ReplyDelete