Monday, October 12, 2009

Back to Class.


After a few days off, and a personal sick day on my part, we were all back to drawing in the classroom last Thursday. It was interesting to learn more about the abdomen and the rib cage. I found that drawing in these components really helped to push my drawings and give them better proportions. Throughout class last Thursday we had many longer poses and it was interesting to see how each person used the time. I found myself rushing a bit to much and I now know that I need to slow down and focus on smaller, certain components of the body rather than trying to push myself to do the whole body at one. Another interesting aspect of class this week was the clay building. I found it very interesting to learn more about the mid section of the body through building with the clay and looking through the textbooks and notes. I am glad that we are learning about this part of the body because I think it will help a lot for us to build the core, to help the rest of the body be better proportioned and all the more strong as a whole.
So far in class, I have been happy with what we have learned. I feel like I have learned a lot more about human anatomy already and it has helped me to further grasp my understanding of what health, fitness and strength are somewhat. I would really like to push my drawing this week and study the anatomy more to learn more of the terms. I have a medical product design project going on in Human Interface and Interaction Design, so maybe the two classes will benefit each other and teach me a lot more about the human body than I thought that I would through art and design courses!

No comments:

Post a Comment