Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Trip to the Twin Cities.


Yesterday we went to the Twin Cities for a life drawing field trip. It was a lot of fun to get out of Menomonie for a while and see some very nice exhibits. First, we went to the Bodies exhibit at the Mall of American in the morning. I have seen a similar presentation before at the Science Museum when I was in high school but I still thought that it was very interesting! At first I felt a little bit queasy when we first got into the exhibit for some reason but I felt fine as we went further along into the displays. I found myself drawn to looking at the area where the heart was displayed, the fetal development area and the final body of the exhibit was the one that I ended up sketching on. It was interesting to think about the contrast between what we normally draw and the insides that we saw there at the exhibit.
Next, we headed to the M.I.A. to view some art. I had fun looking around with some other students. We mainly looked at the Louve exhibit and Native American art. We found that we kind of ran out of time because that place is so big! It was a very fun day and I had a nice break from campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment